To send and receive Suddenlink emails via any third-party email client on any device, you will have to manually configure its email server names and port values. The only time you do not need to enter the Suddenlink email settings is when you are accessing the account via its login page.
So if you are looking forward to setting up a Suddenlink email account on devices such as Android, iPhone, and Outlook, then this guide is best to go through. Read the manual configurations and learn how to configure Suddenlink.net email settings on your device.
Suddenlink Email Server Settings for iPhone
Wondering how to add your Suddenlink email account on your iPhone device? Then, follow the step-by-step guide and enter the Suddenlink.net email settings on your iPhone and complete the setup.
- Browse the options of the ‘Settings’ section of your iPhone device.
- Choose the ‘Mail’ button from them and further click on the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- By choosing the option of ‘Add Account’ begin the process of setting up your Suddenlink email account.
- On the ‘Add Account’ page, click on the ‘Other’ option as you won’t find the ‘Suddenlink email’ name in the email providers list.
- Next, you will have to click on the ‘Add Mail Account’ option to provide confirmation.
- Now, start with the Logon Information. Below the ‘New Account’ section, provide your Suddenlink email ID and email password in the respective tabs.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option after filling in a relevant text in the ‘Description’ box.
- Your Suddenlink account can be set up in two server types, POP3 and IMAP. Select any one of them and select the server type.
- Then, choose the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ and ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ tabs to enter their server hostnames. But, before that, provide the following login details to verify your account:
- Once the login details are entered, type down the server hostnames as mentioned below:
|Incoming Server Hostname||pop.suddenlink.net or imap.suddenlink.net|
|Outgoing Server Hostname||smtp.suddenlink.net|
- Click on the circle before the ‘Use the same sign-in details for my Outgoing Mail Server authentication process’ and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- The initial details of the Suddenlink email account will be verified and configured. Now, select the option of the ‘Details’ and ‘Trust’ tab to continue with the setup process.
- Get back to the previous tab by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
- You will be driven back to the ‘Accounts’ page. Click on the temporarily added ‘Suddenlink email account’.
- Choose the ‘SMTP’ option to enter the rest of the email settings. Then, type down the enlisted details in their respective tabs and click on the ‘Done’ button:
|General SMTP Mail Server||465|
|Roaming SMTP Mail Server||587|
|Insecure Outgoing Insecure||25|
Note: Turn ‘On’ the ‘SSL’ connection and enter the Suddenlink email address and password in the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ tabs.
- Again select the ‘Save’ button and go back to the ‘Accounts’ page.
- Select the ‘Suddenlink.net account’ and hover over the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- On the ‘Advanced’ page, navigate towards ‘110’ as the port number for Insecure POP3 Mail Server and ‘993’ as the Secure POP3 Mail Server.
Once all the Suddenlink.net email settings are implemented one by one, click on the ‘Next’ button. Choose the option of ‘Test Account Settings’ and run the newly added email account. Now, open the ‘Mail’ app on your iPhone and access your Suddenlink account whenever you want.
Suddenlink.Net Email Settings for Android
Looking for an easy and effective setup method for Suddenlink email accounts on Android devices? Here is the one you are looking for, go through the steps and enter the Suddenlink email settings:
- Open any Email Client installed on your phone and navigate towards the ‘Set up email’ option and click on it.
- On the Android screen, find and click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Write down your Suddenlink login address and password below the ‘Configure Email’ section.
Note: Make sure your email address ends with @suddenlink.net
- By selecting the ‘Manual Setup’ from the next screen, you can enable yourself to enter the Suddenlink email server settings.
- Select the type of the server of your Suddenlink email account by clicking on ‘POP3’ or ‘IMAP’ options.
Note: Android users prefer IMAP over POP3 server type.
- Click on the ‘Incoming email settings – IMAP’ tab and type down the following Suddenlink.net email settings:
|Incoming Server Name||imap.suddenlink.net or pop.suddenlink.net|
|IMAP Port Value||995|
|POP3 Port Values||110’ and 993|
- Click on the ‘SSL/ TLS’ for the Insecure or Secure Network Connection.
- By clicking on the ‘Next’ option you can save entered Suddenlink email settings.
- Then, enter the Suddenlink email SMTP settings as mentioned below:
|Insecure Port Value||25|
|Secure Port Value||587|
|Connection Type||SSL/ TLS|
- Again provide your Suddenlink ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’ in the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ tabs one by one.
- Now, you can click on the ‘Done’ button and finish the manual configuration.
After you manually enter the Suddenlink email server settings on an Android device, your account will be set up. To access it, open the Mail application and enjoy emailing.
Suddenlink Email Settings for Outlook
Suddenlink and Outlook email accounts can be very easily accessed together at a time, want to know how? Here is a quick guide that covers how to manually configure the Suddenlink email Outlook settings on any device.
- To do this, you will have to start by opening your Outlook program on your computing device.
- To add the Suddenlink account into your Outlook profile, you will also have to enter the Outlook email address and password.
- Once your Outlook profile is verified, you can move towards the ‘File’ option and click on it.
- The File menu options will drop down on your screen. From here, select the option of ‘Add’.
- Click on the ‘Internet Email’ and again click on the ‘Add a New Account’ to validate your choice.
- Head to the next page by clicking on the ‘Next’ page. Then, click on the ‘Manual Setup’ tab.
- Choose ‘POP3’ to select the server type.
- Now, before you enter the incoming and outgoing settings, enter the enlisted details and then click on the ‘Next’ option:
|Username||Email Address ([email protected])|
- Next, you will have to validate your choice of selecting a service type. Choose ‘POP3’ again.
- In the ‘POP3’ tab, enter ‘pop.suddenlink.net’ as the Incoming Mail Server Name.
- In the ‘SMTP’ tab, enter ‘smtp.suddenlink.net’ as the Outgoing Mail Server Name.
- Enter 993 and 587 as the Incoming and Outgoing General Server Port values for the Suddenlink email account.
- Many of you may prefer the IMAP server while configuring the Suddenlink email Outlook settings. If you are one of them enter the following details instead of the above ones.
|Incoming Port Value||995|
|Outgoing Port Value||587|
- Under the ‘Internet Email Settings’ tab, enter your Suddenlink email ID and password.
- Then go back to the first page and select the ‘More Settings’ option.
- Here, under the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab, click on the ‘My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication’ option.
At last, complete the entire Suddenlink email account setup by clicking on the ‘Done’ button. Now, access Outlook and Suddenlink accounts together conveniently.
We hope all the manual configurations of the Suddenlink email settings on iPhone, Android, and Outlook profile helped you in setting up your account. If you are seeking any professional guidance regarding for Suddenlink Email Login, get in touch with our tech experts through the comment section.