Cox has emerged to be a great internet choice for users looking for lightning-fast services and customized packages decked out with great deals at the best price. However, pity issues such as with Cox routers can play a spoilsport often resulting in total loss of productivity and revenue. This is why we have got you a complete guide on the Cox router reset procedure to keep you going non-stop no matter what.
So to reset Cox router, stay tuned as we crack the “how to reset Cox panoramic router?” mystery at the snap of the fingers. Here we go:
Plug-in and Unplug to Cox Router Reset
Resetting the Cox internet can be slightly tricky. However, the key lies in tickling the right spot. So here is what you can do for the effective Cox panoramic WiFi router reset procedure. Let’s check out:
- Go to the modem and unplug the power cord.
- In case the router is connected with the computing device, you must unplug it from there as well.
- Now, check for all the loose cables and ports. Connect them properly in case they are not.
- Wait for a while and take the power plug off the Cox modem. Plug it in the device.
- Switch on the computing device with the help of the power button.
- Navigate towards the ‘Google Chrome’ or other compatible website and click on it to open the browser.
- Go to the address bar and type out anything to search. If it is loading the content available on the page, then the Internet issues have been fixed.
With the help of the aforementioned Cox cable router reset procedure, the internet issues will be resolved.
Reset Cox Router by IP Address
Refreshing your system’s IP address can reset the Cox router in no time. Here’s how:
- If you are a Windows 7 and Vista user, head to the option of ‘Internet Connection’ settings. Other Windows operating system users can open the “Setting Up the Internet Connection” button.
- If you are a Mac OS X user, start your system and head to the ‘Managing an Internet Connection’ option and refresh the IP address to perform the Cox router reset procedure.
Reset Cox Panoramic Router By Internet Restart
Before applying the enlisted steps, make sure that your operating device is turned off and then turned on in the following order:
- Turn off your operating system that is directly connected to the Cox wireless router.
- Take the power cord of the Cox modem and unplug it.
- In case your router is also connected, take it out and unplug it.
If you are not sure about having a router, read below:
- Check the following cables if they are loose:
- The coaxial cable.
- The USB cable.
- The Ethernet cab
- Plug back the loose cables in the Cox internet modem.
- Plug back the power cord back in the Cox router.
It will take two minutes for the Cox modem to recognize its internet connection.
- Once the connection is recognized, switch on the operating system.
After following the aforementioned steps, you must open any compatible browser and check if the internet can be accessed.
Factory Reset for Cox Panoramic Router
The reset button on the Cox internet router resets your modem to its original factory settings. This process will also erase any custom settings that you might have changed including personalized password, port forwarding, and customized wireless among others.
Here’s how you can perform a Cox Panoramic WiFi router reset with the help of Reset Button:
- Find the ‘Reset Button’ on the top of the Cox router and long-press it for 15 seconds.
- When you press the ‘Reset button,’ the power light will flash orange or red light.
- After a while, the power lamp will turn amber. Then, you will have to start the process of the Cox router reset.
- As the Cox modem activation process starts, you will have to provide the correct Cox wireless username/ID and password to configure your modem.
- Wait until the internet lamp turns green, you will be able to access the Cox internet.
- Make note that you will not be able to connect your devices that were previously attached until the network security key is re-configured in the wireless settings on each device.
Now when you have finished performing the aforementioned steps, try accessing the internet services.
Cox Internet Issues: Key Reasons
Before exploring the troubleshooting guide, let us first know reasons behind common Cox internet issues:
- Cox wireless router neither recognizes nor receives the internet resulting in fluctuating or weak connection.
- Fluctuating power problems.
- Poor quality of wire in the modem.
These were some of the most common reasons for your Cox modem not working. However, there can be other unknown reasons behind the issue. Nevertheless, you can always fix them by performing the correct steps of the Cox router reset.
Cox Modem Not Working: Easy Troubleshooting Tips
Here are some of the easy troubleshooting tips you must try if you could not fix the Cox internet issues:
- Verify that the cables attached to the Cox router are of good quality and unbroken. Otherwise, replace them with a good quality cable and also test if they are correctly plugged into the Cox modem.
- Crosscheck with the internet connection. Contact the Cox internet service provider to see if the access has been locked from there. If it is so, then do not perform the Cox router reset but rather contact the service provider to get rid of the issue.
- Check if the problem is with the power board and turn off the modem and the power button as well. After a while, turn it back on. See if this can resolve your issues.
- The last option is to try the given procedure again. Resetting your Cox modem will help in diagnosing the issues and updating your internet services to the modem.
After going through the troubleshooting tips, you must be able to access cox communications internet services successfully.
The Cox router reset procedure is your best arrow in the quiver should you want to resume work after a long pause due to any technical glitches. If you have any query related to Cox Email Login still on mind, contact our representatives via call or drop a comment below.