If you want to set up your Xfinity mail account on a specific email client or device, you will have to configure the Xfinity mail settings on it. To enable your incoming and outgoing mail services and ensure the security network, you will have to configure the correct server hostnames, port values, and encrypted connection types.
Got confused, right? Don’t worry! In this article, we have encompassed the easiest ways to configure Xfinity mail server settings on devices such as iPhone, Android, Outlook, and Windows 10. So, go through the entire guide and set up your Xfinity email account.
Xfinity Mail Settings for Outlook
Whether you are looking for Xfinity mail Outlook settings for version 2010, 2007, 2006, or 2013, this method will come in handy while setting up your Xfinity account.
- Open up your Outlook Express on your computing system.
- Navigate towards the ‘Tools’ menu in the upper-left corner and click on it.
- From the expanded options of the Tools menu, click on the ‘Accounts’.
- Hover over the ‘+’ icon in the lower-left corner of the screen and choose the ‘New Account’ tab.
- Under the ‘Personal Information’ tab, provide ‘Xfinity Email Address’, ‘Full name’, and ‘Password’ in the respective fields.
- Click on ‘Continue’ and set ‘Xfinity Mail Account Server Type’ by clicking on the ‘IMAP’ option.
- Write any text in ‘Account Description’ for example ‘@comcast.net’ and click on the ‘Continue’.
- Navigate towards ‘Server Information’ and below write your ‘Xfinity email address’ in the ‘Username’ tab.
- Enter the ‘Password’ of your email account in the next tab and click on the ‘Show Password’ tab to check if you are entering the correct password.
- In the ‘Incoming Server’ box, enter the ‘imap.comcast.net’ text.
- In the following tab, enter ‘993’. Make sure that the second option is ‘Use SSL to connect (recommended)’.
- Enter ‘smtp.comcast.net’ in the ‘Outgoing Server’ box and in the next tab, enter ‘465’.
- Again click on the ‘Use SSL to connect (recommended)’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Confirm ‘Server Type’ of your Xfinity email account by clicking on the ‘IMAP’ option.
- Provide the ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’ if you are asked again.
- To complete the Xfinity email setup, click on the ‘Add Another Account’ tab and then hit the ‘Done’.
Congratulations! Just after applying the above-mentioned steps one by one, your Xfinity email account will be successfully set up on the Outlook client. Now, open the Outlook program and send/ receive Comcast emails with no worry.
Xfinity Mail Settings for iPhone
No matter which iPhone version you use, follow the steps mentioned below and set up your Xfinity email account on it. Make sure you enter the correct Xfinity mail settings as per the account’s server type.
- Open the ‘Mail’ client on your iPhone device.
- Scroll down the ‘Welcome to Mail’ page and click on the ‘Other’ option.
- Enter your Xfinity mail login credentials on the ‘New Account’ page.
- In the ‘Description’ tab, enter the ‘@xfinity.net’ and ‘@comcast.net’ then, tap on the ‘Next’ option.
- Now, let the iPhone device verify the login information you have provided, and then you will be allowed to proceed.
- Hit the ‘More Settings’ options to enter the Xfinity mail server settings.
- Hover over the ‘Incoming Mail Server Hostname’ and enter ‘imap.comcast.net’ and ‘993’ in ‘Incoming Mail Server Port Value’ for your Xfinity incoming services.
- Click on ‘SSL’ and turn ‘ON’ the ‘Xfinity encrypted connection’.
- Now, if you have selected the authentication method, select the ‘STARTTLS’ option.
Note: If you enter ‘143’ as the Incoming Port value, click on the ‘SSL’ option.
- Navigate towards the ‘Outgoing Mail Server Hostname’, enter ‘smtp.comcast.net’ and ‘587’ in the ‘Outgoing Mail Server Port Value’.
- Set ‘TLS’ as an encrypted connection. If TLS is down, use SSL.
- Check ‘Authentication Process’ and enter your Xfinity Username (Email Address) and Password. Then, click on the ‘Done’ button to finish the configuration.
Here is your Xfinity account is all set for sending and receiving emails on your iPhone device.
Note: If you receive an error message while sending or receiving emails, that means you have not configured the Xfinity mail settings correctly. Cross-check with the entered settings and get rid of the error.
Xfinity Mail Settings for Android
Below are the steps you must follow to set up your Xfinity email account on your Android device. The Xfinity mail server settings for android vary on two server types: POP and IMAP. Enter as per your preference.
- Browse the installed Applications on your Android phone and open the ‘Email’ app.
- Under the ‘Set up Email’ screen, many email providers’ names will be given, click on the ‘Other’ option to set up your Xfinity email account.
- On the ‘Add New Account’ page, enter your ‘Xfinity email address’ and ‘Password’.
Note: Click on the ‘Show Password’ if you want to crosscheck with what you entered.
- Now, click on the ‘Sign in’ option to set up the Xfinity email account automatically. To enter the Xfinity mail settings manually, click on the ‘Manual Setup’.
- Read and enter the incoming and outgoing mail server hostnames and port numbers as mentioned below:
|Incoming Mail Hostname||imap.comcast.net or pop.comcast.net|
|Incoming Mail Server Port Number||993|
|Incoming Connection (SSL)||Turn ‘ON’|
|Select ‘Authentication Method’||STARTTLS|
|Outgoing Mail Hostname||smtp.comcast.net|
|Outgoing Mail Server Port Value||587 or 465|
|Outgoing Connection (TLS)||Turn ‘ON’|
|Authentication||Your Xfinity username and password|
Step 6: Once the above-mentioned email settings are entered successfully in their right places, click on the ‘Done’ button on your Android screen. Now, open the Email client and browse Xfinity emails on your Android device.
Xfinity Mail Settings for Windows 10 Mail
Want to set up your Xfinity email account on Windows 10? Then follow the steps and configure the Xfinity mail server settings for incoming and outgoing mail services:
- Open Windows 10 Mail system and navigate towards the ‘Taskbar’ and double-click on the ‘Email’ icon.
- Click on the ‘Add Account’ tab.
- On a quick window of ‘Add an account’, click on the ‘Other Account- POP/ IMAP’ option.
In case you have already logged in to one account via the same email client, navigate towards the ‘Settings’ tab, and go to the ‘Accounts’ section. Then, under the configured accounts, click on the ‘+ Add Account’ tab.
- Now, on the ‘Other Add Account’, you will have to enter your Xfinity Mail Login credentials:
|Email Address||[email protected] or [email protected]|
|Name||Send your messages using this name|
|Password||Xfinity Email Password|
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button in the lower-right corner and choose the option of ‘More Settings’.
- Read and enter the following Xfinity mail settings in their respective tabs:
|IMAP Port Value||993 or 143|
Choose ‘Authentication’ and select ‘STARTTLS’.
|SMTP Port Value||587 or 465|
|Encrypted Connection||SSL or TLS|
- Choose ‘Authentication’ and enter the ‘Xfinity Email Address and Password’.
- Click on the ‘Done’ and ‘Finish’ tabs consecutively to complete the Xfinity email configuration.
Congratulations! The moment all the Xfinity mail settings are configured on Windows 10 Mail, your account will be set up and ready to receive/ send emails.
We hope the entire guide came in handy while setting up your Xfinity email account on devices such as Outlook, iPhone, Android, and Windows 10. After configuring Xfinity mail settings, you must learn how to manage your account. So, click on the ‘Xfinity Mail Login’ and visit the article.