There are two ways to add an SBCGlobal email account on any device: Manual and Automatic. If you want to make sure that your incoming and outgoing mail services have been enabled, you will have to configure the SBCGlobal.Net Email Settings manually on the email client.
In this guide, we have not only discussed SBCGlobal email settings, but also the email setup methods for Windows, iPhone, Outlook, and Mac are also penned down.
SBCGlobal Email Settings for iPhone
The process of setting up SBCGlobal email account on your iPhone device will become easy when you follow this guide:
- Head to the ‘Settings’ page by clicking on the gear button of your iPhone.
- Tap on the ‘Mail’ option and click on ‘Accounts’.
- Specify your choice by selecting the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Begin with the SBCGlobal email account setup by clicking on the ‘Other’ option.
- Select the ‘Add Mail Account’ again and head to the next page.
- In the ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’ tabs, your SBCGlobal Email ID and Password have to be entered.
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- For the iPhone device, you must choose the ‘POP3’ server as the type of your SBCGlobal account.
- Hit on the ‘Continue’ and enter the incoming and outgoing mail server settings.
Before entering the hostnames, enter the following details of the SBCGlobal account.
- Enter the ‘pop.mail.at.net’ in the ‘Incoming mail server’ tab and ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ in the ‘Outgoing mail server’.
- A ‘Verification of incoming and outgoing emails’ message will show on your screen, hit on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Press the ‘Details’ and ‘Trust’ buttons one by one.
- ‘Save’ the settings and again click on the ‘SMTP server’ and turn on the SSL connection.
- Next, you must enter 465 in the ‘SMTP Port Value’ 995 in the ‘POP Port Value’.
- If any message regarding ‘Certificates’ prompts on your iPhone, click on the ‘Accept all the Certificates’ and press the ‘Done’ button.
After you are done with implementing the steps, you must not be wondering how to set up SBCGlobal email on iPhone anymore.
SBCGlobal Email Settings for Mac Mail
Go through the enlisted steps and learn how to configure the SBCGlobal email settings on the Mac Mail app and complete the email setup.
- Open the application menu list on your Macbook and choose the ‘Mail’ option to open.
- From the Mail menu options, you will have to choose the ‘Add Account’ option.
- On the ‘Add Account’ page, validate your choice of adding an SBCGlobal account by clicking on the ‘Other Mail Account’ option.
- Then you will be asked how you want to set up your SBCGlobal account, manually or automatically. Choose the ‘Manual’ option and proceed.
- Start with providing your login information such as Username, Email Address, and Password.
- Log into your account via the Mac Mail app by clicking on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Expand the options of the ‘Account Type’ tab and choose the ‘POP’ option.
- SBCGlobal net email settings configuration includes the sign in details. So, again provide your email ID and password.
- Enter ‘inbound.att.net’ as the ‘POP server hostname’ and ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ as the ‘SMTP server hostname’.
- Once the hostnames are entered, you will know, half of the ATT SBCGlobal.net email settings are configured.
- Now, click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ and enter ‘995′ and ‘465′ for POP and SMTP secure port values one by one.
- Choose ‘TLS/ SSL’ as the secure encrypted connection for both, incoming and outgoing servers and again provide your email ID and password.
SBCGlobal.Net Email settings for Outlook 2007
If you want to merge your SBCGlobal email account with your Outlook profile, you will have to configure the right SBCGlobal.Net email settings for Outlook 2007. Here are the steps you need to follow one by one.
Note: The method mentioned here is general. If you are looking for Suddeblink.net email settings for Outlook 2010/ 2016 or other versions. You may continue following this method.
- Navigate towards the toolbar of your desktop and double-click on the Outlook icon.
(Make sure you are signed in to your Outlook profile.)
- On your Outlook home page, visit the ‘Account Settings’.
(To do so, click on the ‘Tools’ tab and expand its options to choose Account.)
- Tap on the ‘New’ button to start adding your SBCGlobal account.
- Here, among the given options, click on the ‘IMAP’ option and hit the ‘Next’ option.
- Select the “Manually configure server settings” and again hit the ‘Next’ option.
- Type down the ‘SBCGlobal email address’ and ‘Email password’ to log into your account.
- Enter a ‘Display Name’ for your SBCGlobal account and confirm the server type by clicking on the ‘IMAP’ option.
- In front of the ‘Incoming mail server hostname’ enter the ‘imap.mail.att.net’.
(You will have to enter inbound.att.net if you have chosen POP3.)
- In front of the ‘SBCGlobal outgoing mail server’ tab, enter ‘smtp.mail.att.net’.
(You will have to enter outbound.att.net if you have chosen POP3.)
- Your email address and password have to be entered again and the ‘Remember Password’ box must be checked.
- Hit the ‘More Settings’ and proceed to complete the SMTP server settings. At first, click on the “My SMTP requires authentication” option and make sure that the “Use the same login information as Incoming server” is also checked.
- Then, enter 993 in the ‘Incoming port value’. If you are using a POP3 server, enter ‘995’.
- Secure connection users must click on the ‘SSL’ option and further enter ‘465’ in the ‘Outgoing port value’ whether you are using POP3 or IMAP server.
- Again click on the ‘SSL’ to choose a secure connection for the outgoing server and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Close the configuration of SBCGlobal.Net Email Settings Outlook 2007 by clicking on the ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ buttons and complete the SBCGlobal email setup.
Now, walk everywhere and take your SBCGlobal email account in your pocket. Open the Outlook program and access both of your accounts together.
SBCGlobal Email Settings for Windows
If you want to set up SBCGlobal email account on your Windows system, then follow the steps one by one. By configuring the right email server names and port values you can set up your ATT account successfully.
- Start your Windows system and open the Mail software on it.
- Double-click on the ‘Accounts’ tab and open it.
- On the Accounts page, click on the ‘Add Accounts’ option.
- On the right side of your Windows screen, click on the ‘Other’ option.
If you see the ATT or SBCGlobal in the list, click on it instead of ‘Other’.
- Provide your SBCGlobal email address and password then, click on the ‘Sign In’ button to complete the login process.
Just after a quick follow up on the above-mentioned steps, your SBCGlobal email account will be set up.
Follow the first five steps of the above method and then implement the enlisted instructions on the Windows system:
- Go back to the ‘Accounts’ section on your Mail program.
- Select the newly added SBCGlobal email account and then hit on the ‘Advanced setup’.
- Select the ‘Internet mail’ option from the next Windows screen.
- Type down your ‘Display Name’ (Username) in the required box.
- Click on the ‘POP3′ option and choose it as your ‘account server type’.
- For enabling your SBCGlobal incoming and outgoing emails, enter the following email settings:
|POP Server Name||inbound.att.net|
|SMTP Server Name||outbound.att.net|
|POP Server Port||995|
|SMTP Server Port||465|
- Click on the ‘Save’ button after providing your SBCGlobal email login details that are email address and password.
Once the ATT SBCGlobal.net email settings are configured properly, your ATT email account will be ready to use on your Windows system.
You must click on the ‘Done’ option to complete the setup. Now, whenever you want to access your SBCGlobal account, open the Mail app on Mac.
After going through the entire guide on SBCGlobal.net email settings and following your desired method, we hope your account has been set up. Now that your account is ready for you, we think it’s high time you must learn how to manage SBCGlobal Email Login accounts. For any further technical guidance, leave your query in the comment box.