GMX mail accounts can be accessed on any device once it is set up correctly. To set up the account, you need to configure the incoming and outgoing mail servers. This will not only let you access the stored incoming and outgoing emails but you can also send or receive new email messages. Users from a non-technical background might find it difficult to configure the GMX mail settings manually, that is why we are here. We have encompassed the right GMX mail server settings for devices such as Windows Mail App, iPhone, and Outlook.
So, stay tuned and learn more about GMX mail IMAP settings, GMX POP mail settings, and GMX mail SMTP settings.
GMX Mail Settings for Windows Mail
To make the process of GMX mail account setup on Windows easy, here are steps you must go through and implement one by one:
Note: This manual method covers only the GMX mail IMAP settings for the incoming and outgoing servers.
- Open the ‘Settings’ tab by clicking the gear option on the right side of the Windows Mail App.
- You will see the Settings options on your Windows screen, choose the ‘Accounts’ option.
- On the next screen, click on the ‘Add an account’ tab.
- If the GMX mail is shown in the list of the email providers, then click on it. Otherwise, you will have to select ‘Next’.
- Then, you will have to look for the ‘GMX Mail’ option in the ‘Email Provider’s list’. If you do not find it, you will have to click on the ‘Other’ accounts.
- Your GMX account can be set up in two servers: IMAP and POP. Choose the ‘IMAP’ option.
- Now your GMX mail login credentials will be required. Provide your ‘GMX Email Address’ and ‘Password’.
- Enter the ‘Connect’ option and set up your account temporarily.
- Choose the option of ‘Show more details’ on the ‘GMX Account’ page.
- Now you will have to enter the following ‘GMX mail server settings’ in their required spaces.
|Incoming Server Hostname||imap.gmx.com|
|Incoming Port Number||993|
- Then, you must check the ‘SSL’ box to set your GMX incoming mail server connection.
- Once the incoming server settings are entered, type down the GMX SMTP email settings as mentioned below:
|Outgoing Server Hostname||imap.gmx.com|
|Outgoing Port Number||587|
- For the outgoing mail server, do not select the ‘SSL option’.
- Provide the GMX email address and password in the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ tabs and then click on the ‘Connect’ option.
That’s it! Your GMX account will be set up on your Windows
After applying the aforementioned steps, your GMX email account will be set up on your Windows system. Make sure the GMX mail settings are correctly configured otherwise you will not be able to send or receive the emails from the GMX account.
How to Configure GMX Mail Settings on Outlook
By setting up your GMX email account on Outlook profile you can access the emails of both the accounts on one device. So, implement the steps mentioned below and configure the GMX mail Outlook settings as per your server type.
- Click on the ‘File’ tab, under it you will see the menu options.
- By choosing the ‘Add Account’ option from the submenu and start adding your GMX account.
- Select the ‘Manually configure the GMX mail server settings’ option and proceed.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ button and mark the ‘Internet Email’ option. Then, again click on the ‘Next’ option.
- On the next screen, you will have to enter the GMX mail login details such as:
- GMX email ID
- Submit the details by clicking on the ‘Sign In’ button and on the next page, choose a server for your GMX account setup.
- Based on your server type, enter the following text as the FMX incoming mail server hostname:
- The hostname for the outgoing mail server is going to be the same irrespective of the server type you choose: mail.gmx.com.
- Now, you will have to provide the ‘Email ID’ and ‘Password’ after checking the option of ‘My GMX server requires login information’.
- Avoid checking the ‘Test Account Settings’ option and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- By going to the ‘More Settings’ option, you can further enter the ‘Outgoing Server Settings’.
- Enter the following port numbers for the required servers. After entering the port values, select the ‘SSL’ option for both the servers:
|Incoming Server Port Value (POP)||995|
|Incoming Server Port Value (IMAP)||993|
|Outgoing Server Port Value||587|
- Select the ‘TLS’ option as an encrypted connection type.
- Then you will have to mark the ‘Leave a copy of messages on the server’ option.
If you have chosen POP, then the prior step will keep the copy of your emails on this device.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button and complete the GMX mail account setup on your Outlook account.
After implementing the steps, you will have to reboot your Windows system and start the Outlook profile freshly. Now, browse Outlook and GMX email messages together.
How to Set up GMX Mail on iPhone
All iPhone users can set up their GMX email accounts on their phone just by configuring the GMX mail settings mentioned below. Follow the steps and configure them one by one.
- At first, the ‘Settings’ screen has to be opened on the iPhone device.
- Choose the ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’ tab to open it.
- On the homepage of Mail you will be shown the configured ‘Mail Accounts’.
- Hover over the ‘Add account’ option and choose it.
- After clicking the ‘Other’ option you will have to confirm your choice by clicking on the ‘Add Mail Account’.
- On the ‘New Account’ page on your iPhone device, enter:
- Full name
- GMX Mail login address
- Write about your GMX mail account in the ‘Description’ box.
- Navigate towards the ‘Sign In’ button and tap on it to set up your account.
- Select the ‘IMAP’ option as the type of GMX account server.
- Now, while entering the incoming mail settings, complete the GMX login information:
|Username||GMX Email Address|
- Similarly, you will have to enter the outgoing mail server settings and also enter the GMX login details:
|Username||GMX Email Address|
- Enter the ‘Save’ button and go back to the ‘iPhone Accounts’ section.
- There, select the recently configured GMX email address.
- Select ‘Outgoing Server’ or ‘smtp.gmx.com’ hostname and make sure the enlisted things are done:
|SSL’ Encrypted Connection||No|
|Outgoing Server Port Value||25|
- Click on the ‘Done’ option and again go to the ‘iPhone Accounts’ page.
- Open the ‘Advanced’ page and make sure if the enlisted things:
|SSL’ Encrypted Connection||Yes|
|Server Port Hostname||imap.gmx.com|
- Now, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
By tapping the ‘Done’ button, close the GMX mail account setup. After a while, your GMX mail settings will be configured and your account will be ready for use.
We hope this article helped you in configuring the GMX mail settings for the Outlook, Windows Mail App, iPhone device among others. Now, you must learn how to manage your GMX email account. For that, click here and go through the detailed guide on GMX Mail Login. In case you are seeking any technical help, contact our representatives via comment section.