Are the Centurylink email settings questions such as how to set up Centurylink email on iPad, Outlook, and android among others bothering you quite often?
Then don’t worry! We have got you this quick guide that encompasses some really effective methods to help you configure the Centurylink email settings on some of the most used devices.
The guide also covers Centurylink outgoing email server settings, Centurylink email IMAP settings, Centurylink email POP settings, Centurylink SMTP email settings, and Centurylink.net email settings in a very simple way.
So stay tuned and keep reading!
Centurylink.Net Email Settings for Outlook
Wondering how to set up Centurylink email on Outlook? Here is a quick step-by-step method that will assist you in configuring the correct Century incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) server settings on your Outlook profile.
- Browse the ‘File’ menu options of your Outlook account.
- Here, you must click on the ‘Info’ tab from the shown options.
- Select the ‘Account Settings’ tab and a dialogue box will pop up on the screen, click on the ‘Account Settings’ again.
- Now, select the ‘New’ option, choose the ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ tab and move forward to click on the ‘Next’.
- Choose one amongst the ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’ options as your Centurylink email account type and confirm it by clicking on the ‘Next’ again.
- Start the Centurylink email account setup by providing your login credentials such as:
- Full name
- Email Address
- Confirm your choice regarding the ‘Type of the Account’ by selecting the ‘POP3’ or ‘IMAP’ again.
- On the Centurylink email account settings page, provide the correct Incoming and Outgoing email settings as mentioned below:
- ‘Incoming Mail Server Hostname’: pop.centurylink.net or imap.centurylink.net
- ‘Outgoing Mail Server Hostname’: smtp.centurylink.net
- Now, enter your full Centurylink email address in the Username field.
- In the next tab, you need to enter the email password.
- Navigate towards the ‘More Settings’ and click on it to enter the rest of the settings.
- Make sure you have selected the option of ‘SMTP requires authentication’ otherwise the setup will not be completed.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab to proceed towards entering the incoming server port numbers as mentioned below:
- Enter 995 in the space next to the Incoming port (If chosen POP as the Account Type)
- Enter 993 in the space next to the Outgoing port (If chosen IMAP as the Account Type)
- Check the box that reads ‘Incoming Server requires Encrypted connection’ and select ‘SSL’ from the tab next to its entry.
- Navigate towards the ‘Outgoing Server Port Number’ and enter ‘587’ in the required space.
- Before finishing the Centurylink email setup method, click on the ‘Leave a copy message should be checked’ option and then, click on the ‘OK’ button to close the window.
We hope, after following the quick guide, now you know how to set up Centurylink email on Outlook and are able to browse your email account on the Outlook program easily.
How to Set Up Centurylink Email On iPad/ iPhone?
Whether you are looking for Centurylink.net email settings for iPhone or iPad, this quick method will come in handy. Follow the right clicks and set up your Centurylink email account on any iOS device.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on any iOS device from the home screen.
- In the left side column, you will see the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ option, click on it.
- The Menu options for Mail, Contacts and Calendars will be shown on the right side of the screen. Choose ‘Add Account’ amongst given options.
- From the ‘Add Accounts’ options, select the ‘Other’ tab and move to the next screen.
- From the ‘Other’ options, click on the ‘Add Mail Account’ option.
- Here, on the ‘New Account’ page, provide the correct Centurylink email login credentials such as:
- Select the ‘Next’ tab in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- The iOS device will confirm the details that you entered by showing to the ‘Login Information’ on the screen. Cross-check with the details and write ‘Centurylink email account’ in the ‘Description’ box and enter on the ‘OK’ button.
- Under the ‘New Account’ section, now, you will have to select the ‘Type of your Account’. Select ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP’ option and confirm the below-mentioned details for incoming and outgoing mail servers:
Centurylink Email IMAP Settings
|Username||Centurylink Email Login Address|
Centurylink Outgoing Email Server Settings:
|Username||Centurylink Email Login Address|
- Click on the ‘Save’ button and apply the changes.
Once you apply all the steps as planned and the Centurylink email server settings are properly configured, open the Mail app on your iPhone and enjoy emailing.
How to Set Up Centurylink Email On Android?
To access your Centurylink email account on your Android device, you must follow the steps and configure the Centurylink email server settings.
Note: Before beginning with the steps, make sure you enable the internet connection on your Android device.
- Start the Android device and open the ‘Mobile Applications’ options.
- Click on the ‘Mail’ or ‘Email’ icon amongst the other applications.
- Avoid clicking on the ‘Select Existing Account’ tab and under the ‘Enter Sign-In details’, provide the enlisted Centurylink login credentials:
- Full Email Address
- Your Password
- Check the box next to the ‘Show Password’ option.
- Navigate towards the lower-left corner of the screen and click on the ‘Manual Setup’.
- Now, on your screen, you will see your ‘Centurylink email address’. Choose one amongst the following options and give the answer to the ‘What type of account is this?’
- Personal (POP3)
- Personal (IMAP)
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the ‘Password’ for your shown email ID. Provide it and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Under the ‘Incoming server settings’, you must confirm your ‘Username’, ‘Password’, & ‘Server’ and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Make sure the entered password is correct otherwise you will have to start setting up your Centurylink email account from scratch.
- Under the ‘Server’ tab, you must enter your email domain that is centurylink.net
- Your Android device will be fetching the information. Once it is completed, you will arrive on the ‘Advanced Settings’ page.
- Here, enter the correct Centurylink email incoming and outgoing settings as per the type of your account.
Centurylink email IMAP Settings (Incoming):
Centurylink Email POP Settings (Incoming):
Centurylink SMTP Email Settings (Outgoing):
- Once the same page, under the ‘Server Limits’, set the ‘Email box storage limit’ to ‘700MB’.
- Write 10B in front of the ‘Email send size limit’ option.
- Check the box that reads ‘Sync Mail’.
- Also check the ‘notify me when email arrives’ box and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- On the next screen, confirm your choice and click on the ‘Done’ and ‘Finish’ tabs.
Once you follow the aforementioned steps and the Centurylink email server settings are successfully configured, your email Inbox will open.
We hope after following the quick guide you could set up your Centurylink email account on your device successfully. Have doubts regarding Centurylink email settings? Leave a comment. If you are wondering how to access and manage your Centurylink Email Login account.