Bellsouth email account holders are quite lucky, know how? Because they can access their email account with any email client on any device they want. To access your email account via an email client rather than a web browser, you must perform the configuration of Bellsouth email settings on your device. Do not know how to do it? Don’t worry! Here is a complete guide that consists of Bellsouth.net email settings for Outlook, iPhone, and Windows Live Mail.
Bellsouth.Net Email Settings for Outlook
Whether you are looking for Bellsouth email settings for Outlook 2007 or 2010, this step-by-step guide will come in handy. Implement the steps mentioned below and complete the Bellsouth email account setup on the Outlook program.
Note: Before entering the Bellsouth.net email settings, sign in to your Outlook mail account on the same device you want to set up your Bellsouth account.
- On your Outlook account, click on the File tab and then, choose Add Account from the available options.
- Click on the Choose “Manual configure server settings or additional server types” and click Next.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button shown in the next window and start Manually configuring the Bellsouth email settings for Outlook.
- On the next page, Enter your Bellsouth.net login address and username.
- Select the ‘IMAP’ and ‘POP3’ as your Bellsouth email account type after providing the password.
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab and proceed towards entering the correct mail servers.
|Incoming Server Hostname||imap.mail.att.net|
|Outgoing Mail Server Hostname||smtp.mail.att.net|
If you have chosen POP3 as your Bellsouth email account type, enter ‘pop.mail.att.net’ as the hostname.
- In the next fields, enter your Bellsouth email address and password and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now, drive yourself back to the Account Settings where you can manage existing accounts and select the recently added Bellsouth mail account. Click on the ‘More settings’ tab.
- On the ‘More Settings’ window, click on the “My Bellsouth SMTP – outgoing server requires authentication” option and also check the “Use the same settings as my IMAP/ POP (incoming) mail server” box.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and enter ‘993’ and ‘465’ as the Incoming Server and Outgoing port numbers for Bellsouth send receive services.
If you have chosen POP3 as the account type, enter 995 as the Incoming Server port number.
- Select the ‘SSL’ option to be used as a particular type of encrypted connection.
- Once the email settings are properly entered, click on the ‘Finish’.
After entering the aforementioned Bellsouth email settings and your login information, your email account will be set up on the Outlook program of the Windows system.
Bellsouth Email Settings on iPhone
Want to access your Bellsouth email account through an email application on iPhone? All you have to do is follow the steps and configure the right Bellsouth.Net email settings.
Note: This method will also come in handy if you are setting up Bellsouth net email on iPad.
- Start your iPhone or iPad device and open the Settings window on it.
- Look for the ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’ option and tap on it to open.
- Below the iCloud icon, you can see an ‘Add Available Account’ option, select it and click on the ‘Other’ tab on the next window.
Note: If you see ATT or Bellsouth in the email providers’ list, click on it instead of the ‘Other’ tab.
- On the next screen, click on the ‘Add Email Account’ and confirm your choice after entering the login details.
|Password||Bellsouth.Net Email Password|
Proceed towards the Incoming and Outgoing Server by clicking on the ‘Click’.
Select ‘IMAP’ and confirm it as your Bellsouth email account type by clicking on the ‘Continue’.
Bellsouth Email IMAP Settings
|IMAP server hostname||imap.mail.att.net|
|Username||Bellsouth.Net Email Address|
Bellsouth Email SMTP Settings
|SMTP server hostname||smtp.mail.att.net|
|Username||Bellsouth.Net Email Address|
- Click on the ‘Save’ button and exit from the window.
- Again go to the ‘Settings’ and open the ‘Manage Accounts’ screen.
- Find and open your Bellsouth Account.
- Navigate towards the ‘Advanced’ option and click on it.
- Under the ‘Inbound Settings’ section, enter the following details for incoming mail service.
Note: Before that, if ‘Are you using SSL?’ prompts up on your screen, click on the ‘Yes’ option.
- Enter your Bellsouth email address and password for Authentication.
- IMAP Server port: 993
- Similarly, enter the following details under the ‘Outbound Settings’ and complete the outgoing settings.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ when the confirmation for ‘SSL connection’ prompts on your screen.
- Enter your Email Address and Password for Authentication.
- SMTP Server port: 465
- Now, navigate towards the lower-left option of the screen and click on the ‘Finish.
- On the next screen, click on the ‘Done’ and exit from the Account Settings application.
Congratulations! Your email account must have been set up on iPhone/ iPad after configuring the aforementioned Bellsouth.Net email settings. Now, browse your email account and send/ receive email messages to check the services.
Bellsouth Email Settings for Windows 10 Live Mail
If you want to use Bellsouth email account on one of the most used email clients that is Windows Live Mail, follow the step-by-step guide and configure the mentioned Bellsount.net email settings.
- Open the Windows Live Mail on your Windows system and go to the File tab.
- Below the File menu bar, you will see an ‘Add Account’ option, click on it.
- On the Add Account window, click on the ‘Add New Account’ and here begin the Bellsouth email account setup.
- Click on the ‘Manual Setup or Additional Setup’ for your Bellsouth email account and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- On the next page, click on the ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’ and select the Bellsouth email account type.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option and arrive on the ‘User Information’ section.
- Here, enter the ‘Bellsouth Username’ and ‘Email Address’ in the required fields.
- If the ‘Password’ tab pops up on your screen, enter the ‘Password’ as well.
- Choose the ‘POP3’ when you are asked to choose ‘Server Type’.
- In the next window, enter the ‘inbound.att.net’ as the POP incoming email server for your Bellsouth email account. ‘
- Enter the ‘outbound.att.net’ as the SMTP outgoing email server for your Bellsouth email account.
Note: If you have chosen IMAP as your Bellsouth email account type, you must enter ‘imap.mail.att.net’ and ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ as the incoming and outgoing mail server hostnames.
- Now, to complete the authentication process, enter the Bellsouth email address, username, and password again.
- Check the box next to the ‘Remember Password’ option.
- Exit from the current window and go back to the homepage of the Windows Live Mail App.
- Select the newly added Bellsouth email account and click on the ‘More Settings’ option.
- Navigate towards the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ and click on it. Under the same section, check on the boxes next to the following options:
- User the same email settings as my Bellsouth incoming mail server.
- My Bellsouth outgoing server requires authentication.
- Exit from the tab and click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ on the Bellsouth email account page.
- On the Advanced page, enter the 995 as the POP3 incoming mail server port number or 993 as the IMAP incoming mail server port number.
- Enter 465 in the SMTP – outgoing mail server port number whether you have chosen POP3 or IMAP.
- Drop down the tab next to the ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ and select the ‘SSL’ or ‘TLS’ option.
- Click on the ‘Use Internet Email Settings’ and hit the ‘OK’ button to finish the entire method.
Congrats! After a quick follow up on the Bellsouth email settings for Windows Live Mail, your Bellsouth Account will be set up and ready to use. All the methods mentioned in the article are easy to execute and effective.
We are hopeful that you could set up your Bellsouth email account after going through the Bellsouth email settings. Wondering how to manage Bellsouth Email Login account? For any professional guidance regarding this content, contact our representatives.