If you want to secure your ATT wireless network and are looking for a complete guide on how to change att WiFi password, this page will come in handy. This article will take you through different ways to change ATT WiFi password on Windows, Android, and other devices. So stay glued to change your wireless network’s password at the snap of the finger. Here we go:
Change ATT WiFi Password With Smart Home Manager
All ATT users get the “smart home manager” option to manage their accounts. Your ATT wireless portal comes with a name and password for the default network. Change ATT WiFi password details to make it easy to remember.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to learn how to change your ATT WiFi password. The enlisted steps will be applicable to mobile phones only.
- Start your operating device and move towards the ‘Application Menu’.
- Find the ‘Smart Home Manager’ and open it.
Things to do in case you do not have the Smart Home Manager application on your home.
- Firstly, go to the ‘Google Play Store’ or ‘Apple Store’. Search for ‘Smart Home Manager’ and click on the ‘search’ icon.
- Choose the correct SHM application and click on the ‘Download’ or ‘Install’.
- Once the application is installed, click on the ‘Agree’ button when the ‘License and Agreement’ appears on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Install’ and make the application ready to start.
- On the ‘Smart Home Manager’ application, provide your ‘ATT WiFi Username’ and ‘Password’ and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- On the application, navigate towards the ‘Main Menu’, and drop down the options from it.
- Choose ‘More’ and from the listed options select the ‘Network’.
- Here, select the WiFi details like the ‘Network name or password’.
- You will see an ‘X’ sign on the extreme right of the line. Click on it and clear the existing ATT wireless network details.
- Now, enter a new ‘ATT WiFi network name or password’.
- Enter the ‘Password’ again to confirm and select the option to make the changes.
With the help of the aforementioned steps, you will be able to change ATT WiFi password successfully. After a while, you will have to reconnect your ATT wireless network services by using the new password.
Change ATT WiFi Password With Gateway User Interface
To make sure that you do not face any security issues, you can change ATT WiFi password with the help of the ATT Gateway user interface. By following the below-mentioned steps you can easily reset the WiFi password on ATT. Hence, follow the enlisted instructions and log in to the router directly and learn how to change WiFi password on ATT.
- Open your device where you want to perform how to change WiFi name and password on ATT and open any compatible browser.
- Navigate towards the ‘Search Google or type a URL’ and enter ‘http://192.168.1.254/’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Now, on this page, provide your ATT wireless network username and password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- After logging in to the ATT Router directly, navigate towards the ‘Gateway Settings’.
- There will be an option of ‘Home Network’ and drop down the options to choose ‘Wireless’.
- You might get asked to enter the ‘Device Access Code’ in the field of ‘Password’.
- After that, select the button of ‘Submit’.
- Now click on the ‘WiFi’ name and password to change the information. Enter a new WiFi password In the tab of ‘Network Name (SSID)’.
- Drop down the section of ‘Security’ and select the option of ‘WPA’, then type out the new password in the ‘Key’ field.
- At last, hit the ‘Save’ button and click on the ‘finish’ tab to close the window.
The aforementioned steps will help you change ATT WiFi password. Once you have changed the password successfully, you may have to reconnect all your wireless devices by using the new ATT WiFi password.
Change WiFi Password On ATT Via IP Address
If you could not change ATT WiFi password after following the above two methods, then changing your WiFi password is possible with this last option. Follow the enlisted instructions and learn how to change WiFi password on ATT.
- Open your Windows system and navigate towards the ‘Start’ button. Click on it and open Google Chrome.
- Head to the ATT access login page by typing http://192.168.1.254 and hitting the ‘Enter’ button.
- If you are not able to visit the site, go to your ATT router and confirm the IP address under your modem.
You may also get the IP Address in the retail box.
- If your computer is not connected to the ATT wireless network, connect it by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your Windows and go to the ‘Settings’ options.
- Choose the ‘Network and Internet Settings’ tab.
- Navigate towards the options under ‘Network and Internet’ and select the ‘WiFi’ option.
- On the right side of the window, there is an option of ‘Show Available Networks’, click on it.
- On the lower-right corner of the window, all the available wireless networks will pop up.
- Click on your ATT wireless network by its name, and click on the ‘Connect’ option.
- If you have not configured the ‘Password’, enter the ATT WiFi password and make sure you are entering the correct one. (To crosscheck, click on the ‘eye’ icon in the Password tab.)
After these aforementioned steps, your wireless network will be connected with your computer and you will be able to access the internet.
- Now, get back to the launched internet browser and enter the correct ATT name and password to access.
- You will be asked to choose an option between the ‘LAN’ and ‘WiFi’ settings.
- Here, choose the concerned ‘User Network’.
- Click on the option to change ATT WiFi password and erase the old password by clicking on the ‘X’ icon on the right.
- Enter a ‘New ATT wireless password’ and confirm your choice by entering again.
- At last, hit the option ‘Change My ATT WiFi Password’ and your request to change password will be accepted.
Change Your ATT WiFi Password on Android Device
If you use only an Android device, access the ATT WiFi network on your phone. So, these instructions will come in handy.
- Open your Android device and navigate towards the ‘Application menu’.
- Click on any compatible website and open it and type down the IP address of ATT wireless router in the Address bar of Google and click on the ‘Go’ or ‘Enter’.
(The default IP address of the ATT WiFi Router is ideally 192.168.1.1., you can also crosscheck it from the backside of your ATT wireless network)
- On the main portal of the ATT network, provide the correct ATT login credentials such as ID and password and sign in to your account.
- Your WiFi Router’s default username and password are for the server. It is based on your modem too. You can search for the information on the router’s rear side.
- Navigate towards the ‘Wireless’ section and click on it. Under the same section, click on the very first tab ‘Basic Wireless Settings’.
- In front of the ‘Configuration View’ option, click on the ‘Manual radio button’.
- Enter the name of your new network in the ‘Network Name (SSID)’ field and then click on the ‘Save the settings’.
- Now, navigate towards the ‘Wireless Security’ and click on it. Choose the concerned ‘Security Mode’.
- Here, type down your recent ‘WiFi password’ in the ‘Password’ field and then enter a ‘New Password’.
- Hit the option of ‘Save New Password’ to apply the changes.
Once you finish applying the steps to change ATT WiFi password, your Android mobile phone will be disconnected from the current network for security reasons. Access the internet connection by entering the ATT WiFi credentials.
We are hopeful that the detailed guide on how to change ATT WiFi password helped you in changing or updating your password. In case of any query, you can leave a comment or start a live chat to get in touch with our tech experts.