Do you also want to change your AOL login password for security reasons? But as the official website of email giant AOL does not have any separate AOL mail change password tab, a sudden and unexpected ‘Change AOL Password’ command might catch you off guard. To help you, we are here with some effective ways of how to change AOL password on various devices.
Go through the entire article to learn why you should change AOL email password more often, how to keep your password secure, and many more important things along with the process of changing it.
Why Should You Change AOL Email Password?
Changing your login password is a good practice. If you change AOL password regularly, you reduce the risk of exposure and prevent your account from getting hacked. Here are the four main reasons why you must change passwords every few months.
- It prevents the exploitation of ‘Save password’ – Giving someone your computing device with a saved AOL password means you are also giving access to your personal and private data. If you consistently change AOL email password, you can prevent your data from being stolen. Even if someone has found your old saved password, it will be of no use.
- It avoids constant access – Sometimes, hackers can manage to access your account constantly, either to track your data or, to continue to act behind your identity. If anyone else uses your account can be hard to find out, and by regularly changing your password you reduce the likelihood that other users will frequently access your accounts.
- It ends exposures of multiple accounts – On every account you have, whether for computers and network equipment or online accounts, it can be easy to remember when you use the same password. It also means, though, that if someone figures out your password, they can access every account that you have. If you Change AOL password and create a new and secure one, the hacker cannot access it even after having the password of your other domain.
- Stop the Guesswork – If it’s been months and years that you have been using the same AOL login password, it will be easy for the hackers to guess and access your domain instantly. Be it from someone observing you typing your password a lot of times or someone constantly attempting to guess it, the longer you use the same password, the more people will try to find out your password. Hence change AOL email password and save your account from all of this.
So these were the four main reasons why you should change your AOL login password. Now, learn the easiest and most effective procedure of how to change AOL password.
Before you move towards the first step to change AOL password, follow the guidelines and tips for creating a new password.
How to Choose a ‘New Password’ for AOL login?
Here are just a few tips you must follow before changing your login password for the AOL email account.
- Try to include two or more numerical characters in your new AOL password. You may add a number at the beginning and one at the end of your phrase.
- Use a sentence or a quote that you relate to and type it down without any space.
- Change AOL email password into a secure one that includes symbols like %, &, / but, make sure it is easy for you to remember and difficult for others to deduct.
- Although AOL requires only eight characters including symbols, numbers, and letters in a password, keep your password a bit longer. The longer your password is, the more difficult it will be for a hacker to steal it.
Keep the aforementioned in your mind while you update AOL password for the login process. Now, quickly scroll down and learn the answer of ‘how do I change my AOL password on several devices’.
How to Change AOL Password On iPhone Devices?
Are you an iPhone user who accesses AOL login via the AOL app? And seeking guidance in changing your AOL login password.
- Start your iOS device, iPhone or iPad and open the Home screen
- Navigate towards the ‘AOL app’ from the ‘My Applications’ menu.
- Move towards the ‘bottom-right’ corner of the home page and click on the ‘Settings’ gear.
- Now, you will arrive at the ‘Support’ section. Here, click on the ‘Privacy dashboard’.
- Select the option of ‘Your Account’ and open it.
- In case you are not already signed in to your account, hit the option of ‘See your account data’ and access your account with the correct AOL credentials.
- Scroll down and tap Your Account. Enter your AOL credentials when prompted.
- Once the account is open, go to the ‘Your Account’ section and expand its options.
- Choose the tab of ‘Edit Account Info’ and open the ‘Personal Info’ option.
- Navigate towards the ‘Three horizontal-line menu’ and choose the ‘Account Security’ tab.
- Expand its options and click on the ‘Change AOL password’.
- In the ‘Current Password’ field, enter the recent password via which you accessed your account.
- After the verification, do as follows:
- Enter a ‘New Password’
- Re-enter the ‘Password’ again
- Click on the ‘Continue’ and hit the button of ‘Change AOL Password.’
- At last, finish the process to ‘Change AOL Password’ on iPhone by clicking on the ‘Done’ button.
After a quick follow up of the aforementioned steps your AOL Login password will be changed. For security purposes, you might get signed out of your account. Enter the new password to access AOL Sign In again.
How to Update AOL Email Password On Mobile?
If you access AOL Sign In on various devices, remember after you change AOL password, update the new password on other devices. Here are the essential steps that come in handy.
- Start your phone and open the ‘Settings’ folder from the ‘Application Menu’.
- Scroll down the options and click on the ‘MS Exchange ActiveS.’
- Under the ‘Account’, click on the ‘Settings’ and expands its options
- You will be driven to ‘Account Settings’, click on your ‘AOL Username’.
- There will be an option of ‘Update password to match the email server’.
- In the ‘Password’ window, click on the required black space and enter your ‘New AOL Password’ and click on ‘OK’.
Once you follow the aforementioned steps, your password will be updated. You should always remember to repeat the steps after you change AOL password for the next time.
How to Change AOL Password Via Web Browser?
If you access through AOL Sign In through a web browser and want to change AOL password via the same, here are the essential steps that you must go through.
- Start your system or device and open any compatible web browser.
- Head to the ‘AOL Sign In Page’ and log in to the account by providing the following.
- AOL Username, Phone number, or Email Address
- Current AOL Password
- Once the AOL account is opened, navigate towards ‘Your Name’ which is in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Open ‘Account information’ tab and expand its options.
- Navigate towards the ‘Left panel’ and choose the ‘Account Security’ tab.
- Open the ‘Sign In’ section and choose the option of ‘Change password’.
- Enter the ‘Current password’ to verify your identity and enter a ‘New password’.
- Re-enter the same ‘New password’ to confirm and click on the ‘Continue’
- When the two ‘New Password’ matches, you will be allowed to click on the ‘Change AOL Password’.
Congrats! Your AOL login password has been changed. I hope you create an easy password to remember. Perform easy access by providing the new Password.
In case you want to know how to change AOL password with remembering the current one. Follow the next procedure.
How Do I Change My AOL Password Without The Old Password?
If you are also wondering the same question, here are the essential steps that you must follow. The below-mentioned steps will help you to update AOL password even without knowing the current one.
- Open your device and head to the ‘AOL Mail Sign in page’.
- Here, under the ‘Sign in’ window, enter your AOL email address or username.
- Then, click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- Below the ‘Password’ tab, click on the ‘I forgot my password’.
- You will be given two options to reset your password, choose.
- Based on how you want to change AOL password, you must enter one of the following details
- Phone number
- Additional email address
In case, you have no access to any of the above, select the tab that reads, ‘I need more options’.
- If you clicked on the ‘Phone Number’, check the same number and see if you have received a ‘Verification code’ from the AOL email services. Copy and Paste the same ‘Code’ in the required place.
- If you have provided an ‘Additional email address’, open the same email account, and read the ‘Verification Code’, enter the same ‘Code’ in the required place.
- On entering the correct ‘Verification Code’, you will be driven to the ‘Password Recovery Page’
- Now, in the ‘Password recovery page’, enter the following
- New Password
- Re-enter the New Password to confirm your choice
- Once both the entered passwords match, you can hit the button of ‘Change my AOL password’
At the end of the aforementioned method, your AOL login passwords will be changed even without providing the current password. Now, that you learned the process of how to change AOL password on iPhone, iOS, Android and via a web browser, you must remember the password.
Tips to Remember AOL Password
Not being able to remember your passwords is a common occurrence just as common as passwords themselves. Here are some tips that may come in handy in remembering the AOL password.
1: Do not store your passwords in a password manager nor keep a handwritten list of your password.
2: Do not rely on your memory for remembering your AOL password
3: Store your password in the web browser under the ‘saved password’ feature and while doing that do not forget to check the box that ensures that the passwords are kept in an encrypted format to prevent unauthorized parties from detecting it.
Why Choose us to Change AOL Password?
We hope you were able to change AOL email password with the help of topics mentioned in the article. In case you are still facing difficulties or having doubts regarding this article, start a conversation with our representatives via live chat support or call at our toll-free number.