BellSouth has been providing great quality email service for a while now. They offer great features and the application works flawlessly. However, some users have reported facing issues with their BellSouth email login. If you are one of those people then this write-up is just for you. We will provide you a step by step guide on how to tackle various issues that crop up during a BellSouth Email Login.
The very first thing that you need to learn is ‘How to sign up for a Bellsouth email account’. The process for this is fairly straightforward. The very first thing that you need to keep in mind is that when you will try Bellsouth email login, it will direct you to the official ATT site and you should not be worried as it is normal. Enter all the necessary information like your name age location and desired email id. If your desired email id is available then you will be assigned that id and now you will be redirected to the next page. If you want a two-step authentication then enter your phone number or alternate email id. If you have entered all the required information then you have successfully set up your Bellsouth email account.
Now we will tell you how to make a successful Bellsouth email login. You just have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log on to the AT&T Bellsouth Email Login Page
- Enter your email id
- Enter the password for the same
- Click on sign in
- Please note that if you had logged in 8 hours prior and didn’t log out then you will be signed in automatically.
What to Do if you have Forgotten Your Bellsouth Email Login Id?
If you have forgotten your id or password and facing the Bellsouth email login problems then the process of recovering it is also quite easy.
- Click on the forgot password
- Complete all the information
- Select the recovery option you want. It can either be the ‘security question’ or you can use the temporary password option
- If you have chosen the ‘security question’ method then you will have to enter the answer that you must choose at the sign-up.
- After you have entered the security answer, you will be able to login to your account.
- If you have used the ‘temporary password’ option then the password will be sent to your cell phone or alternate email id and you can use it for your login.
- Make sure to reset your account in order to avoid problems later.
How to Change BellSouth Email Password?
If you just want to routinely change your BellSouth Email Login then follow the steps discussed below. We also advise you to change your passwords regularly in order to avoid getting hacked.
- Login to your BellSouth account
- Click on the Myaccount option
- Select the change password option
- Enter your old password
- Enter your new password
- Confirm your new password
- Click on Done.
- Make sure that the new passwords match otherwise you will not be able to continue.
How to Set up your Bellsouth Email login credentials Using Yahoo
For Manual Settings enter the following details:-
- Open yahoo
- Go to the apps option
- Select the settings option
- Click on Add Account
- Enter your username
- Enter the password for the account
- Select the Manual settings page
- If the server type is POP3 then enter the following:-
- Enter the username for the same
- Enter password
- The pop3 server should reflect pop.att.yahoo.com
- 995 should be the port value
- Click on Next
- The SMTP server should reflect smtp.att.yahoo.com
- 465 should be the port value
- Enter username
- Enter the password
- Click on Next
- You have successfully set up your BellSouth account on Yahoo.
How to Setup BellSouth Email Account on iPhone?
If you are using an iPhone then setting up a BellSouth email login is easy. Just follow the steps discussed below and you will be good to go:-
- Open the home screen on your iPhone
- Go to the settings option
- Click on Mail, Contacts and Calendar option
- Go to ‘add accounts’
- Click on Other
- Click on Add Mail Account option
- Enter your account information like username password and other relevant details
- Click on POP
- Where the hostname is required, enter pop.att.yahoo.com
- Under outgoing, server head make sure you have entered smtp.att.yahoo.com
- Click on save
- Now you can use BellSouth email on your iPhone.
How to add Bellsouth Email to your Android Devices?
- Open your default Mail client
- Enter your Bellsouth username
- Enter the password for the account
- Enter relevant information where prompted
- Click on Manual set up
- You should now select the IMAP option
- Now you will have to again enter your personal information like Bellsouth email id and password.
- In the incoming mail server option enter imap.mail.att.net
- The port value should be 993
- SSL should be the security type
- Click on the Next option
- Now you will be asked to specify ‘check email frequency. You can choose the value that suits you.
Now let’s take a look at some issues that crop up when you use BellSouth Email:-
Update or Change in the Sign-in process:
If a new patch or an update has been released for your email client then you might have some trouble logging in. To make sure that this doesn’t happen, you should always use an updated version of the windows. If you are using a Linux based os then you might have to contact the manufacturer directly if you are unable to make a successful BellSouth email login.
Browser Crashes on Login
Some of our users have also reported that their browser crashes on the www.BellSouth.net email login page. In our research, we found out that this problem generally occurs with people who are using the internet explorer browser. BellSouth email is optimized for Google Chrome and Mozilla so if you are using a browser that is not supported then you might be prone to crashes. To avoid all this, always use a supported browser.
Problem with Third-Party Email Clients
One of the reasons behind a failed BellSouth email login can be the third-party apps. Most of us these days use third-party email clients. If your email client is not supported by BellSouth then you might be prone to crashes. This may result in you getting logged out after every session. To avoid this issue, always you a third party application that is supported by BellSouth.
Homepage Not Loading
If you are unable to access your Bellsouth email login page then there might be quite a few reasons behind it. The very first thing that you need to do is to check if you have an internet connection and make sure that the URL that you have entered is correct.
As Yahoo is a very popular email client, let’s take a look at how you can use it with BellSouth:-
There are a number of ways to use Yahoo with BellSouth. You can merge your BellSouth and Yahoo accounts to get all your emails in one place. The other thing that you can do is to use Yahoo and Bellsouth on a third-party app for a more streamlined experience. Just make sure that you are using compatible versions.
As you can see, there are a number of ways of using Bellsouth email services. Apart from being a feature-rich email client. BellSouth also offers a very user-friendly customer experience. The ease of use makes BellSouth extremely popular with its customers. If are confident that after going through this write-up, you will face no issues whatsoever. However, if you are stuck somewhere then please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to BellSouth Email Login
ATT Incorporation acquired the Bellsouth email services in the year 2006. Afterward, Bellsouth account holders still could use the email services to send or receive emails. But, many new and old Bellsouth users are still confused with which web browser they should use. To clear their confusion we have got a quick guide that consists of the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Bellsouth Login. Let’s check them out:
From the above answers, we hope you have got an idea of how to access Bellsouth emails on your device. If you face any technical difficulty even after reading the above-mentioned instructions, write to us in the comments and get assistance from our technical experts. Share the article with your Bellsouth contacts to help them as well.