Regarded as the world’s largest telecommunication company, AT&T (ATT) has also carved a niche as a leading email service provider owing to its huge gamut of fast and exciting services. If you are also a fan of this leading email service provider and ATT Email Login is your daily routine, you know how things can sometimes go a little haywire in the wake of some common technical glitches.
Hence, the following guide is a clear roadmap for all those who want to get past these common ATT Email Login issues easily. Let us check out.
How to Create an ATT Email Login Account?
Setting up an ATT email login account on iPhone, Android or any other device is very simple. Just follow the enlisted steps and you can create an ATT Email login account in no time.
- Visit the official website att.com and click on the ‘Menu’.
- Select the ‘Internet’ and click on ‘Wireless’.
- Drop down the tab of ‘Account’ and select the button of ‘Sign in’.
- Click on ‘Create a new account’ and provide the following details and click on ‘Continue’.
- ATT phone number
- Billing ZIP code of 5 digits
- Captcha code is shown in the box
- Input a new email address and password.
- Re-enter the password to confirm (the second password should match the first one).
- Select an online security question and provide an answer.
- Click on the option ‘Save’.
After applying the aforementioned steps, you will be successful in making your AT&T Email Login account.
Create an ATT Account with IMAP and SMTP Settings
A lot of users access their ATT login accounts on desktops. So to connect to your email address from the system seek permission via IMAP.Att.net by configuring the IMAP and SMTP settings to the account. Open ATT.com email login account and configure the following settings mentioned below:
- IMAP Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP Username: Your valid email address is your username
- IMAP Password: The correct password for the same email ID
IMAP Port No.: 993
- IMAP encrypted security: SSL or TLS
- SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP Username: Your valid email address is your username
- SMTP Password: The correct password for the same email ID
SMTP Port No.: 465
- SMTP encrypted security: SSL or TLS
The correct configuration of the ATT IMAP and SMTP settings will remove the stress of confinement to a single device. You can simply receive and send emails at your convenience via a broad range of devices.
How to Access AT&T Login?
To access your ATT emails, you need a valid email address & password and a strong internet connection.
Follow the instructions below to access your ATT.net email login on desktop:
- Visit the official website and go to the ‘Account’ section.
- Drop down and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Provide your ATT Email Login credentials.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to access your ATT emails.
Note: While submitting your account details, you may encounter an option of ‘Keep me signed in’. If you click on the option, it will enable you to access email services without providing your AT&T Email login details.
Instructions to Access ATT mail account for Android users:
- Go the ‘Settings’ and drop down the option.
- Click on the ‘Accounts’. The options reveal various account types to add for free.
- Select ‘Accounts and Sync’ or ‘Cloud and Accounts’ as per your device.
- Click on ‘Add Account’.
- Tap on ‘Personal POP3’ and select the ‘Manual Setup’.
- Provide your ATT.net email login credentials and enter the inbound server address as ‘inbound.att.net’
- Choose encrypted security as ‘SSL’ or “TLS’ from the given options.
- In the section of ‘Port’, enter the outbound port number i.e.,‘465’.
- Provide your ATT email login address and password again for the ‘Authentication’ process.
- At last, click on ‘Save’ to end the process and browse all through your ATT emails.
Follow the steps below if you are an iPhone or iPad user and want to set up ATT account on it:
- Open ‘Settings’ on iPhone or iPad and click on ‘Accounts and Passwords’.
- Click on ‘Add Accounts’ and select ‘Other’ from the list of accounts you can add.
- Tap on ‘Add Mail Account’ and type your name in the ‘New Account’.
- Provide the ATT.net yahoo email login address and password.
- Enter a description of your account as per your choice in the ‘Description’ box and click on ‘Next’.
- Check the option of ‘Sync Notes and Emails’ and click on ‘Save’ and let the process complete.
You will benefit from the following advantages if you implement the aforementioned steps and access your ATT mail account.
Advantages and Key Features of ATT Email Services
- All the emails are nicely arranged in different folders such as Outbox, Inbox, Sent items, Spammed, etc.
- It has a highly powerful searching tool that can look at the user’s important emails by deploying subjects, attachments, dates, etc.
- ATT filter for junk files clocks malicious emails and email addresses. The undesired emails naturally get transferred to the spam folder.
- It provides the liberty to send attachments of a maximum of 25 MB per email.
- ATT’s top priority is the security of its users. In any case, the users do not feel safe, with the help of the 2-step verification process they can ignore any problem and become safer than before.
How to Change AT&T Email Password
There can be a number of reasons you want to change your ATT email login password. For the sake of safety and for that reason, it is your regular practice to ward off Cybersecurity breaches. Sometimes you can simply forget it for no reason whatsoever. In that case, getting locked out is very painful. But no more–because we bring easy steps to change and recover the ATT email login password right here.
Steps to Change the myATT Email Password:
- Visit the ATT website and go to the ‘Sign in’ section.
- Provide the correct ATT Login credentials and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘ Profile Settings’ and click on ‘Sign in info’.
- Select the ‘Change password’ and provide a new and stronger password that is difficult to deduce.
- Re-enter the password and click on ‘Save’.You will be redirected to the sign-in page for security purposes. Sign in to your AT&T account with a new password.
Steps to Recover ATT Email Account:
- Open the ATT website and click on the ‘Forgot Password’.
- Provide your email address.
- Answer correctly to the ‘Security Question’ (set by you at the time of creating an ATT mail account).
- Click on the ‘Send Verification Code to Registered Phone Number’ and enter the same code in the blank box.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to the ‘Reset Password’ link. Enter ‘New Password’ and ‘Reconfirm’ by inputting the same new password again.
This process will resolve your ATT Email Login issues and you will be able to easily access the emails from any device you want.
How to Set Up an ATT Mail Account on Yahoo Email?
If you also use an Outlook email account along with ATT and want to access emails from both the accounts in one place, then below are the 7 magical steps of how to access ATT Yahoo email login you should follow. These steps will help you set up your ATT mail account to the Outlook of all versions.
- Open Outlook email account, click on ‘File’ and select the option of ‘Add Account’.
- Drop down the option of ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ and select ‘POP/IMAP’.
- Step 3: Provide your AT&T Login credentials such as your username, email address, and password.
- Step 4: Enter the following server details:
- Type of Account: Select ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP3’
- IMAP Server: imap.mail.att.net
- SMTP Server: smtp.mai.att.net
- Further, enter the server information:
- Username: Your email ID
- Password: Password for the same email ID
- Click on the ‘More Settings’ and enter the following details:
- Tick the ‘SMTP requires authentication’
- Select ‘Use same details as IMAP server’
- Type the Advanced settings as given below:
- IMAP Port No.: 993
- POP3 Port No.: 995
- IMAP Encrypted Connection: SSL
- SMTP Port No.: 465
- SMTP Encrypted Connection: SSL
ATT users often come across the ‘ATT email not working’ or ‘ATT Yahoo email not working’ issue. There are several reasons why this error occurs. However, you can fix it with the right guidance. The section is divided into two sections. First of all, we will discuss the reasons for the ‘ATT email not working’ issue followed by their solutions.
What Causes the ‘ATT Yahoo Email not Working’ Error?
There are times you are not able to access your ATT emails even after entering the correct AT&T Yahoo email login credentials. There can be various reasons. Here is the list of the most possible ones:
- Not using the right browser – If you are trying to login to an ATT email login account via an older version of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or any other browser, you may fail to log in as the webmail does not support the older version of the browser.
- Cookies on your browser – Even after entering the correct AT&T Yahoo email login credentials, you will be redirected to the login page if you have not cleared the cache or cookies.
- Wrong POP3 or IMAP settings – Due to the wrong configuration of AT&T email settings you may get a mismatch error with your mobile device.
There are many more reasons for this error. Irrespective of the error you can always troubleshoot it by implementing the following resolutions as per your device.
How to Fix “AT&T Yahoo Email Login on iPhone” Error?
Open your ATT mail account on iPhone and perform the following steps to get rid of this error:
- First of all, go to ‘Settings’. Click it to open a drop-down menu.
- Click on the option of ‘Mail, Contacts, & Calendars’.
- Select ‘Add Accounts’ and choose ‘Others’.
- Here you must click on ‘Add mail account’ and enter the required information such as AT&T Yahoo email login address and password for the same.
- Select ‘IMAP’ as the incoming mail server and enter the following details
- imap.mail.att.net in the server and ‘995’ as the port number
- Similarly, select the ‘SMTP’ option as the outgoing mail server and enter the given details
- smtp.mail.att.net in the server and ‘465’ as the port number
- Save all the changes by clicking on the option of ‘Save’ and ‘Finish’ respectively.
- Let the configuration finish. It may take some time. Later, hit the ‘Power On’ and switch it on for applied changes.
Fix “ATT.net Email Login Yahoo Not Working on Outlook” Issue
Before you implement the steps mentioned below you must go through the following :
- Firstly, check with the antivirus software installed in your device. Disable If it is interfering with your ATT mail operations.
- Secondly, make sure that the internet connection you are using is strong enough. If the connection goes down in the middle of the configuration process, you will have to start from the very beginning. So be careful.
Now, follow these steps to properly configure IMAP or POP3 settings in ATT mail login account:
- Open your outlook and navigate to the option of ‘File’.
- Click on ‘Add Account’ and choose the option of ‘Manual Setup’.
- Here you will have to choose one from the IMAP or POP3 settings as per your choice.
- Enter the required details such as the AT&T Login address and password.
- Now, the following steps are supposed to be applied as per the option you have chosen.
- In case of using the IMAP server, enter ‘imap.mail.att.net’ for incoming mails and ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ for outgoing mails.
- If you have chosen ‘POP3 server’ enter ‘inbound.att.net’ and ‘outbound.att.net’ for incoming and outgoing mails respectively.
- At last, re-enter your AT&T email login Yahoo credentials and click on ‘Submit’
As an alternative option, you can also use your mail account on safe mode in order to face no error.
Should you have queries related to AT&T Login issues still after going through the entire article, the following list of frequently asked questions will hopefully cover them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to ATT Email Login
A wrong password, browser settings, firewall or error in network connection can lead to login problems. Try and fix one or more of the following reason to sort out the issue:
- Open ‘Firewall’ application and disable it.
- Clear the caches and delete the history of the browser.
- Switch to a stronger internet connection.
The password will remain the same on currently.com and att.com. If you wish to change your AT&T Login password, it automatically changes for both.
The combined account enables you to view/ pay the wireless bills. It is also linked with Home phone account/ bill, U-verse TV, internet, etc.
Yes, users must enter uppercase or lowercase letters carefully. Before entering the password check if the ‘Caps Lock’ is turned ‘On’ or ‘Off’. Make sure it is ‘Off’ while logging in.
Yes. This can only happen when you sync your business wireless account to your ATT mail login account using the same login credentials. Follow the steps mentioned below and sync your account once the account has been moved from Premier type to Business type.
- Visit the ATT website and sign in to your ‘my AT&T Login’ account using the correct ID and password.
- Navigate yourself to ‘Profile’ and click on ‘Sign info’.
- Then, drop down the option and select ‘My linked accounts’.
- Click on the ‘Link another account’
- Here, type the following details:
- ATT contact number
- Once you have correctly input the above details, click on ‘Submit’ and end of the process of synchronization.
- ATT account number
- Billing Zip Code
We hope that the entire article must have helped you. If you still have any doubts or stuck somewhere while implementing the steps, contact our representatives for immediate help. Share the article if you think it will help your colleagues and friends and keep reading for more information regarding ATT Login.