AOL has been providing free email services to its users worldwide since 1985. It is one of the most popular email clients because of the variety of features it offers. If you too want to go on AOL Mail like others, then you must learn the AOL sign in process to enjoy its free services. Read the following guide right here to know all about the AOL account creation, AOL sign in process, aol email sign in problems and its solutions.
How to Create AOL Mail Account
AOL mail account can be created on any device such as mobile phone, desktop, and laptop, among others. Follow the enlisted instructions and complete the procedure of account creation.
- Open a web browser on your device and type aol.com in the search box.
- Navigate yourself towards Login/Join and click on it.
- Select the option of ‘Get a Free Username’ and enter the following information in the next page:
- Your First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- A unique Email Address
- Select a Security Question
- Answer to the Security Question
- Phone Number
- An Alternative Email Address
- Once you have entered all the details duly, finish the registration by clicking on ‘Sign Up’.
Congrats! Now, you are among the 20 million active AOL account holders. Let’s now learn steps to sign in on AOL mail.
AOL Mail Sign In Process
Follow the subsequent steps in order to log in to your newly made AOL mail account.
- Open a web browser and visit the AOL.com Sign in page.
- Move towards upper-left and click on ‘Login/Join’.
- Here, you must enter the AOL mail sign in credentials such as:
- AOL email address
- Click on ‘Next’
- Password for the same ID
- Check the box of Stay Sign In’ for future AOL mail sign in process.
- At last, click on ‘Sign In’.
Once you follow the aforementioned steps, you can access your AOL mail account on any device.
Note: The above steps can be followed if you remember your AOL email sign in password. In case, you have forgotten and have no access, read below.
How to Retrieve AOL Email Sign in Password?
It is possible that you can forget passwords when you keep different passwords for every site. If you have forgotten the AOL email sign in password and not being able to access your account, then it’s okay. You can retrieve your password in no time just by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the AOL.com sign in page.
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Login/ Join’ tab.
- Enter your aol mail sign in address and click on ‘Trouble Signing in’.
- Select ‘yes, text me a verification code’ among the given options.
Note: Click on ‘Not you?’ if you have entered a wrongAOL mail sign in address.
- Now, provide the ‘Code’ you have received on your registered number.
- After the verification process, you will automatically be redirected to the ‘Reset AOL email sign in password’ page. Here, enter a ‘New Password’.
- Re-enter the same password to confirm your choice.
- At last, click on ‘Submit’ to retrieve the AOL mail sign in password.
Once you apply the aforementioned steps you will be redirected to the aol.com email sign in page. Enter your sign in credentials to access your account.
Benefits of AOL Mail Account
AOL email service is considered as one of the webmail pioneers. Advantages of using this email client are enlisted below:
- It is available in 50 different languages.
- Aol enables you to send an email with a maximum 25 MB file.
- It has an advanced security feature to spam unwanted email.
- POP3, IMAP, and SMTP, all three mail servers are supported.
- It has a huge storage capacity of 4000 old emails and 1000 new emails.
- It also offers an auto-correction feature that checks spellings.
Download AOL Application for Sign In Process
There are many ways to perform AOL mail sign in steps. The users can access their accounts on mobile phones via a web browser or AOL application. Manually opening a web browser and visiting www.aol.com sign in page is a lengthier process. The AOL application supports mobile devices and tablets. Download the AOL app on your respective device and make AOL Mail sign in process, a much easier task. Follow the instructions to download and install:
- Open Play Store Application on Android devices and iOS Apple Store on iPhone devices.
- Search for ‘AOL – News, Mail, & Video’ and click on the ‘Downloaded.’
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- Once the AOL application is downloaded, click on ‘Install’ and ‘Run’ consecutively.
To perform AOL mail sign in steps on its application. Open the app and navigate towards Login or Join and access your account by providing youraol.com sign in credentials.
How to Change AOL Mail Password?
YourAOL mail password gives access to your AOL mail account. It is always suggested to change the password of your email ID periodically in order to be secured from online threats. Follow the steps provided underneath to change AOL mail sign in password.
- Log in to your AOL account via aol.com mail sign in page.
- Navigate yourself towards ‘Account Security’.
- Choose the option of ‘Change Password’.
- Here, enter the ‘Current Password’ to verify.
- Now, type a ‘New Password’ and retype to confirm your choice.
- At last, click on ‘Change Password’.
After this, you will be automatically logged out from your current page. Now visit the aol.com sign in page and perform the sign in steps again.
Common AOL Mail Sign In Issues
Learning how to create an AOL mail account or how to access AOL mail sign in is not enough for an active user. Signing in to your AOL mail account is not as smooth as you think. Due to several factors, you may face various AOL mail sign in issues, some of them are mentioned below.
- Not able to access AOL mail account phone.
- AOL mail sign in page is not working.
- Receiving error message while performing AOL mail Sign in.
- The Web browser is not supporting AOL mail.
- The ‘AOL mail sign in screen’ is showing black colour.
- Authentication problem.
There can be other problems as well if you are facing any of the aforementioned AOL email sign in issues and want to get rid of it, follow the subsequent section.
Easy Tips to Deal With AOL Mail Sign In Issues
Keep on reading further, these enlisted tips are very effective to deal with unknown and known AOL mail sign in issues.
- Check your Internet Connection – If there is an interruption in your internet connection, you must troubleshoot it. As a poor connection will definitely affect the AOL email sign in process.
- Crosscheck the AOL mail sign in credentials – It is possible that you have entered the wrong AOL mail sign in address or its password. Go back to the login page and try signing in by entering the correct details
- Delete Cookies from Browser – Problems with the web browser you are using can also lead toAOL email sign in problems. Delete or clear the cookies and caches from the web browser. If it is still not supporting AOL mail sign in process, try to use another browser
- Disable Antivirus Software – Antivirus software is to protect your device and data but, sometimes it acts like an overprotective device and leads to problems in email services as well. Hence, disable the antivirus software that is installed in your device for a while and access AOL email sign in.
- Reset Firewall – At times, Firewall blocks some random websites and doesn’t allow the user to browse it. If this is the reason why you cannot access AOL mail sign in, follow the subsequent steps:
- Find ‘Firewall’ in the Control panel
- Now, uncheck the ‘Web filtering’ box
- And hit the button of ‘Restart’
Now, visit the aol.com sign in page again and perform the login steps to successfully access your account.
These were some of the most effective troubleshooting tips you must try while facing AOL email sign in issues.
Why Choose us for AOL sign in?
We hope that the aforementioned information was helpful to you. In any case, if you are not able to follow any of the instructions given below, feel free to contact our email experts via chat. Our email experts are highly knowledgeable and experienced to deal with common and as well as critical AOL Sign in issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to AOL Sign in
Assuming that the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on AOL Sign In would help our troubled users. Let’s read.
Follow the steps enlisted below to access your AOL mail account:
• Visit the www.aol.com sign in page and click on ‘Login/Join’.
• Enter your ‘Email Address’ and click on ‘Next’.
Here, enter the ‘Password’ for the same ID and click on ‘Sign In’.
Yes. Until the year 2012, the AOL family was about 25 million people. Whereas, in the year 2016, AOL acquired Verizon email services and decided to relocate the Verizon account holders to AOL Mail. Hence, now AOL Mail has an even bigger family.
If you have forgotten your AOL mail password, follow the two easy steps mentioned below and recover your AOL mail account.
• Click on ‘Forgot Password’ and you will receive a verification code on your registered phone number
• Now, enter the ‘New Password’ and re-enter the same. At last, submit the new password you set.
Changing the AOL email address is as easy as changing its password. Follow the subsequent steps:
• Open the AOL email sign in page and click on ‘Login’.
• Enter your current AOL mail address and Password.
• Now, enter the option of ‘Sign in’.
• Go to the ‘Settings’ tab.
• Click on ‘Compose’.
• Scroll down the same tab and select ‘Your Name’.
• Here the username before ‘@aol.com’ will display.
• Click on it and enter a ‘New Username’ as email address.
• Check the box that says, ‘Other contacts will see this username when they read your emails’.
• Click on ‘Save Changes’ and send an email with a new looking address.
Read the below-mentioned instructions and recover your old AOL account.
• Go to the aol.com sign in helping page
• Enter your ‘Additional email address’ or ‘Phone number’ given at the time of Sign up process.
• Click on ‘Continue’ and check the box of ‘Yes, send me a verification code’
• Now, enter the code and you will be redirected to the ‘Account Recovery’
• Here, you will find your old AOL email account.
• Choose the ‘Account’ you would like to be active on
Note: AOL will show all the accounts that are linked with the mentioned phone number and additional email address. Hence, it is possible that in the above option, you are shown more than one email address. Also, if the given phone number or email address is not linked with the old AOL Account you are looking for, you cannot recover it.
Left with more questions in mind? Drop them in our comments and get immediate response from our email experts.